Avengers: Infinity War
Diamond Select Toys
Sculpt by Gentle Giant
Captain America is about as iconic as they come. He represents the best of humanity and is a hero in every respect.
The Diamond Select Toys Marvel Select Infinity War Captain America figure is very well done. He is a hero in his own right.
He comes in the Marvel Select bubble packaging that we are accustomed to. The figure is well displayed in the packaging and most of the accessories are visible as well. The back of the card gives us a synopsis of Infinity War and a brief description of the figure.
The figure itself is rather nice. The face sculpt is decent, but is a little soft. The bearded face is a new look for Cap in this movie and I think Gentle Giant did a good job sculpting the facial hair. I also like the little details like the battle damaged areas on his uniform.
I really like the articulation on this figure. The packaging states 16 points of articulation, but I am going to be a bit more generous as some of the points are double jointed. I am saying 23.
- Ball-and-socket joint at the neck (x1)
- Swivel hinges at each shoulder (x2)
- Swivel joints at each shoulder (x2)
- Hinge joints at each elbow (x4)
- Swivel hinges at each wrist (x2)
- Ball-and-socket joint at mid-torso (x1)
- Swivel joint at waist (x1)
- Swivel hinges at each hip (x2)
- Swivel joints at each thigh (x2)
- Hinge joints at each knee (x4)
- Rocking hinges at each ankle (x2)
Accessories are fairly standard here, but there are a few character specific items that are really cool. He comes with four sets of interchangeable hands, two retracted shield cuffs, two expanded shields, and a stand.
The expanded shields are kinda cool as they have can extend and retract as well.
He can be displayed without the shields and shield cuffs, too.
- Playability – 5 out of 5. I think Cap has some really great playability! He does run a bit on the collector end of things, but I can totally see him battling Thanos.
- Packaging – 5 out of 5. The bubble packaging is fairly standard for Marvel Select, but everything is well displayed within the bubble, the images are nice, and the breakdown on the back is neat.
- Paint and Sculpt – 4 out of 5. The face sculpt is a bit soft. He reminds me more of Jake Gyllenhaal, but the likeness is almost there. I do like the facial hair sculpting and the little details in the uniform.
- Standability – 5 out of 5. I am happy to say this guy has some good standabillity. His legs are solid and the ankles are tight. Plus, he comes with a stand.
- Articulation – 5 out of 5. 23 is a good number. It makes for some really nice displayable poses.
- Accessories – 5 out of 5. While fairly standard, the swap-ability of the shields/cuffs and the expandability of the shields is really cool.
- Affordability – 5 out of 5. $23.99 is a nice, affodable price point for such a detailed figure.
Overall impression: 34 out of 35 is a home run for DST on this figure. I would highly recommend it for collectors and players.
** Captain America, Avengers, and Thanos are owned by Marvel and Disney. These images are for hobby only. Also, the background images were found on the internet. If one of the images belongs to you, I will gladly give credit. **