iZombie: Liv Moore
Diamond Select Toys
Retail: $17.99 @ BigBadToyStore
I have never read the comic, but I am definitely digging the show. If you haven’t seen it, iZombie is about an up-and-coming young doctor turned zombie named Liv Moore. She isn’t your typical zombie though. She is smart, she works in a morgue for cover, eats the brains of the cadavers, and absorbs the memories and personality traits of those whose brains she eats. Its a lot of fun!
The Liv Moore figure from Diamond Select Toys is pretty nice!
She is nicely displayed on blister card packaging with all of her accessories prominently visible. The back of the card gives a great character description and photo of the figure itself.
She is a fairly detailed figure and has 20 points of articulation:
- Ball-and-socket at the neck (x1)
- Rotating hinges at each shoulder (x2)
- Rotating hinges at each elbow (x2)
- Rotating hinges at each wrist (x2)
- Rotating waist (x1)
- Hinges at hips (x4)
- Rotating thighs (x2)
- Hinges at knees (x4)
- Rotating hinges at each ankle (x2)
Her face is beautiful and painted in her pale skin tones, the hair allows for amazing head positioning, and there is some great detail on her shirt and jacket.
She comes equipped with two extra sets of hands, a hand holding chopsticks, a cup of pricey coffee, a bottle of hot sauce (its the only way she can taste her food), an emesis basin full of brains and ramen, a lead pipe, and a base.
- Playability – 5 out of 5. She is pretty awesome. Her articulation and accessories make for a very playable figure.
- Collectibility – 5 out of 5. The packaging is highly displayable. The colors are a little subdued, but it fits the character.
- Paint Applications – 4 out of 5. Overall, the paint apps are really good. There was a bit of clumping at the face and the lines on the clothing could be cleaner. Also, there was paint wear at the elbow when I articulated the arm.
- Standability – 5 out of 5. Static and action poses are totally do-able, especially with her base.
- Articulation – 5 out of 5. 20 points makes for a solid, highly poseable action figure.
- Accessories – 5 out of 5. DST surprised me on this one. She is chock-full of fun accessories.
- Affordability – 5 out of 5. $17.99 is pretty affordable in the collector realm these days. No complaints.
Overall impression: 34 out of 35. She is pretty impressive overall. She could easily be a display piece or a fun action toy for the more imaginative.